Friday, 7 January 2011

First Friday, 2011

Greetings.

I managed a 150 minute masterpiece yesterday. This is how I want to start my mixes in 2011. So far I've only been able to listen to the recording once. I'm currently on my second play and it's sounding 92% faultless. This is partly what I've been striving for! A consistent set with a good flow. I can't wait to get it online to see what listeners think. Even if they don't like it I wouldn't be disheartened because I had a lot of fun putting this set together :)

I decided to break it up a little but keeping the same kinda theme happening. The idea was not to have a boring set but one filled with a couple of treats. I evolved the set through breakbeat, minimal techno, progressive house, house, electro house, tech house, techno and back again.

I'm tempted to jump on the 1s and 2s right now, but I think I'll finish listening to this latest recording. For if I am to continue evolving my learning I need to pay close attention to what I'm doing. It's also very important that I get involved with another gig. Looking up at the crowd to see how my choice of tracks impacts them is the next thing I need to work into what and how I play for public consumption. At the moment I'm exclusively playing what I want to hear. But this has to be fused with crowd response when playing to an audience. Maybe I'm wrong? I'll find out as time progresses.

Stay tuned for my upload "coming soon". You may have noticed that my embedded house-mixes player doesn't work (now fixed). This is due to the site changes. I'll await communications from the site administrator before I go about rectifying this myself somehow.