Thursday, 4 November 2010

I called it 'Aerial Assault'..

I'm totally fed up of the geo-engineered weather fronts looming over head. Say what? Yea, that dreaded chemtrail phenomenon is presenting horrible gloomy weather. I spent some time looking into aerial aerosol missions and geo-engineering last year. I took photos and video footage over the course of time to try and identify trend in chemtrails behind aircraft and cloud formations. There's no denial that the weather is constantly being manipulated. The proof is all around us. Any how, I called this mix 'Aerial Attack' because today's weather was shit and has blatant traits of being engineered to be that way.

I've just been typing on facebook but was getting carried away. This is how far got with my rambling: I haven't recorded anything lately that I've considered worthy of uploading .. After losing a few minutes off the tail end of my last mix, Lost in Transit', I've gone back to the drawing board. I'm aiming for the skill of seamless blending with added cutting, a few effects, steady volume & EQ levels and trying to keep the whole thing tight and beat matched. I've had a go at each skill set in previous mixes but it's now time to merge them all together before bringing the loops and deck effects back into the frame.

I'm still happy with my progression. The mixes that I upload to house-mixes have been getting more attention lately which provides me some level of satisfaction. I've been recycling many tunes and playing them in different orders with different transitions between tracks and I think I'm discovering various acceptable approaches to maintaining or building a 'vibe' around my sets. Musical journeys I suppose. Maybe I'm now becoming more observant of the art form that engulfs DJing and trying to define my own way of doing things. Who knows? I not consciously thinking about it but when I listen to my recording I'm able to navigate through what I might have achieved and how I can better use certain skills next time I play.

Without further ado: