Friday, 29 October 2010

Last Friday in October ..

I haven't uploaded a mix for this day .. Yesterday's mix, 'Lost in Transit', seemed to be a good effort until I lost the final 8 tunes off the end of the 42 track 135 minute mix set. I was slightly disheartened to say the least. It was the first mix that I put together that felt like a 1 hour set but was actually 2 and a quarter. That was the level of fun I had spinning those beats.

I uploaded 'Cheese and Spirits' on Tuesday and that was a mini success. It didn't make me smile as much as 'Lost in Transit' while DJing it, but I'm listening to it as I type this and I'm very pleased with how my limited skills are evolving week by week. I feel like I'm advancing in the right direction as I continue to learn new techniques as well as practice those I hope to master.

'Cheese and Spirits' was a specially created mix because it begins with 'Decapitation' .. I wouldn't have been pleased with a sloppy set with a custom built tune as the first track. Some listeners are praising me on how tight it is, but I still think it's baggy in places. I know exactly where I'm going wrong and my best work usually comes out after a sip of spirits and a chong on a reefer of good old British Cheddar Cheese.