Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Decapitation - Shotty & GKP

These blog entries are becoming fewer, but I'll endeavour to post something when time permits. My last entry was literally a month ago. I don't think anyone is reading this so I won't beat myself up about being absent.

The whole mixing experience is gradually getting better. After missing an opportunity to get a feel for playing in front of observers at the last house party I attended, this one wasn't able to get away so freely. I had a lil jam on the BCD although I'm not totally sure how that sounded. I spent the following day arranging the following track with shotty before returning to base. We started around 1PM and didn't leave the studio for any extended period of time. Twelve hours later Decapitation was breathing life. Exclusive full length preview bellow :)

Upon returning I recorded & uploaded my first mix for fifteen days. This is quite a gap considering some weeks I managed to upload 3 to 5 sets. Even though I hadn't been recording for uploading I still did some solo rehearsals and on occasion some back to back with a vinyl turntablist. I think I have recordings of one or two of those sets but I haven't verified the recordings nor decided whether or not I should be uploading them. I'm not very well rehearsed at back to back or manning a third deck so some of it might not sound too hot.

I've added four sets to house-mixes since my last blog entry, but my most recent 'Reata de Lasso' features 'Decapitated'. Must be said that the 'Taste D-Capitation' also featured a sneak peak at the new track. 'Taste D-Capitation' has actually had some very good feedback from one particular listener at house mixes and it's been enlightening to read such positive comments.

I think that will do for today's round up of news. I don't want to present a dissertation about the last 30 days :) enjoy the preview below


Version 1.0